BURNOUT COMPLAINS AND A BURNOUT ARE NOT THE SAME THING !!
Three misconceptions about a burnout!
1-What is different?
With burnout complaints, the scientists mean mental fatigue, psychological complaints, less motivation and impaired functioning due to too much stress for too long
These symptoms will disappear when you can relax better and the chronic stress stops.
So the burnout complaints are disease number one worldwide and can easily be helped with their stress complaints
What is Burnout?
- Burnout means you can’t do anything anymore, literally burned out. You are really sick when you have it.
- A burnout comes after a long period of burnout complains.
- Your body gives you signs for a long time and you can hardly ignore them anymore. This goes on until you cannot function anymore, not at work and not at home.
- You are a wreck mentally and psychically. In addition to physical complaints such as mild depression and anxiety
- Because your stress system is out of balance, you cannot treat burnout in the same way as burnout complaints. You have exhausted your recovery capacity and need other measures.
2- Running is NOT the best medicine for burnout but it is for burnout complaints!
When you have a burnout the only thing that you physically and mentally need is rest. It does not mean you cannot move at all but as you recover you can move slowly.
Your fitness also plays a role here and whether you are an experienced athlete or not.
3- By thinking differently or solving your problems you automatically recover from a burnout
A positive mindset and a solution-oriented approach work well with burnout complain but NOT with burnout. This because your brain is no longer properly at that time. Moreover, you no longer see the overview of your problems.
The advice is to consult your doctor at all times in the event of burnout and he will refer you to a professional.
As soon as the recovery capacity has increased and your brain functions better, it makes sense to take a close look at your behavior so that it no longer happens.